This release of Code On Time introduces new productivity tools. Project Explorer is designed to simplify the development process. The future releases will include further enhancements to the Project Explorer including full drag and drop support.
Some of the promised functionality is not included in the current release due to compatibility issues. We are working on a follow-up that will go out later this week.
Make sure to refresh the cache of your browser to load the latest version of the client library after you re-generate you web application.
Features and enhancements included in release 126.96.36.199:
- Project Explorer and new Project Actions menu.
- New action Status allows implementation of sophisticated Wizards.
- Use Shift+F10 to open a context menu on the focused node in the Project Explorer.
- Use F4 to toggle focus between the Project Designer and Project Explorer.
- Significant improvements to the memory management. Integrated web browser has been leaking memory in previous released. The current version takes care of releasing the memory.
- Mr. Zsolt Panka has contributed localization for hu-HU. Thank you!
If you are creating Code On Time applications in languages other than English then please contribute your localizations. Read about localizing application here.
- Code generator will eliminate empty containers in the pages of new applications.
- Reports menu option is now created in single-schema projects only.
- Actions with confirmations will automatically execute 'Select' command in grid view if Confirmation property is not blank.
- Grid view now supports new action group scope “Action Column”. A column with conditional actions is rendered if action group with the scope is present.
- Automatic printing of detail views include summary fields of the master record displayed under the report title in the filter details area.
- Find "spyglass" and "refresh" buttons are rendered as "grey" and will show color if you hover over the link. Refresh button replaces "Refresh" link in the pager.
- Client Library display a refresh icon instead of Refresh word in the page of the grid and data sheet view.
- The project title is now displayed in the Title bar of code generator window.
- Code generator will stop produce exceptions logged when a "copy" instruction is executed in some types of projects.
- Azure Factory detects the most recent version of Azure SDK installed on computer. Previous version had a hard-coded reference to SDK.
- DotNetNuke Factory correctly upgrades the project to Visual Studio 2010 if Visual Studio 2008 is not present.
- Added CSS override for links in DNN 5.06.03.
- Dynamic expressions default type is ClientScript to allow a single expression visibility on categories.
- Status bar implementation is integrated in the application framework and designer.
- Category visibility is now a property of the category. Visibility tab is not available anymore.
- The height of SELECT elements is the search bar is now matching the height of the value input boxes.
- Fixed the problem with Web.DataView._peformFieldChanged throwing an exception in Designer.
- List of actions now shows When Client Script property.
- New +/- buttons are now displayed on automatic search bars.
- Compound labels of fields are now correctly handling Text Label Construction maps.